Thursday 8 April 2021

Me vs My fear

LI: To recount a 5 minute snapshot of one experience you had at camp

Last week we went to camp at Kokako Lodge. My 5 minute snapshot shows my personal voice and I have tried hard to paint a picture with my words to describe what I was doing and how I felt.

I found this activity hrad because I tryed to find words that explan my fellings.

Me vs my fear

Finally, I can take on a challenge that scares me a  lot. Once I was buckled up in the harness I was thinking in my head, Can I do this?  Would I fall off? Is my harness secure. I watched my teammates succeed in fear so they gave me the confidence to do it too.

My legs were shaking once I touched the ladder. I was about to cry. I held on to the ladder tight. I looked to find the steps.

Soon I got on the beam. I grabbed the rope and pulled it closer to me. My legs were shaking like an earthquake . I tried not to look down because that scared me even more.

After I hugged the pole I went into the middle and did a dance. The dance I did was a dab. Then I lowered the beam. When I went down I was happy that I completed the  challenge.

I felt happy when I completed my challenges and now I think I am not scared of heights anymore

1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Taua, I see that the high beam activity challenged you a lot, It was really difficult for me as well and seeing other people attempt it before me made me even more nervous. What was the most challenging part of the high beam? Mine ws walking on the beam because it was really narrow.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.