Monday 1 March 2021

Pepe - Butterfly

 This week I used things outside to make an insect.

At first this challenge was pretty hard because I didn't know what insect I should of made. But the most easy insect to make was a butterfly. First I grabbed one big rock and one small rock. Then I got four big leaves and two small plant stems. I thought this activity was pretty easy because I knew the parts of a butterfly. 

The Tongan word for butterfly is pepe.

There is a lady in Tonga that is called the butterfly lady.


3 comments:

  1. Hi Taua

    I love this picture, its so creative, and I especially like the way you have shown the feelers at top of the pepe. Thank you for teaching me that the word butterfly is pepe in Tongan, I did not know that. Remember when you are writing the word Tonga it needs a capital letter as it is the name of a place. Have you met the butterfly lady? Well done for keeping your learning going.
    Mrs Anderson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Taua
    What a great pepe you have created, I didn't know this was the Tongan word for butterfly. I like that you made this and explained that it represents Tonga. I had never heard of the butterfly lady before, do you know why she is called this? Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Taua

    A meaningful creative artwork. Well done. In reading this post you have taught me a little bit more about Tonga. Remember the capitalisation of Tonga

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.